Welcome to the SI Barcode Network Informatics Documentation!¶
This documentation site describes the best practices for the informatics pipeline of the SI Barcode Network.
- 11 September, 2017
- Biocode plugin updated to fix problem where the Biocode FIMS only retrieved field definitions from the Barcode of Wildlife project instead of the project that was specified. This would result in empty tissue fields.
- 20 September, 2016
- The GenBank submission plugin was updated to version 1.6.5 with many minor bug fixes. The most important one to the SI Federal Barcoding Project is that the plugin will now attemp to replace non-ASCII characters (such as accented characters) with equivalent ASCII characters. This has been a problem in the past, since the previous default action was to simply omit these characters.
- 15 June, 2016
- The Biocode Plugin was updated to version 3.0.0, and the GenBank Upload Plugin was updated to version 1.6.4. You can read about the updates to the Biocode Plugin here. You can read about the updates to the GenBank Upload Plugin here.
- Software components
- Barcode Data Standard
- Naming conventions
- Geneious introduction
- Connecting with the Geneious Biocode Plugin
- Generating extraction plates
- Generating PCR plates
- Generating cycle sequencing plates
- Downloading traces from LIMS
- Assembling contigs
- Quality control of assembled contigs
- Marking assemblies as Pass or Fail in LIMS
- GenBank Upload
- Annotating for Noncoding Sequence GenBank Upload
- Rapid Data Release Policy
- Updating Existing GenBank Records
- Organizing GenBank Records with BioProjects